Copy code Skip to main content

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Christmas Morning Casserole

 A tradition in my husband's house when growing up was "Christmas Morning Casserole", which has morphed into "any special occasion casserole", simply because it is delicious.


It's simple to make, and we recommend making it the night before you plan to serve, so you can simply preheat the oven and let it bake while you enjoy present unwrapping or Netflixing.

Conscious of the fact that COVID-Christmas 2020 has passed, here's to hoping you have a few days off of work to spend at home with your loved ones. If not, this would be a great dish to make for New Year's Eve at home.

Whatever the occasion, grab your mimosas and slice into this breakfast casserole. It's a winner for sure.

Ingredients

  • 6 slices of white bread
  • 2 lbs sausage
  • 1 tsp of mustard
  • 12 oz sliced swiss cheese
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cup of milk
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Instructions

  1. Place the 6 slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
  2. Fry the sausage on the stove, draining the grease when cooked.
  3. Mix the sausage with the mustard, and then sprinkle the mixture over the bread in the baking dish.
  4. Layer the Swiss cheese slices over the sausage.
  5. Mix all of the remaining ingredients together and pour over the cheese.
  6. Cover the baking dish, and refrigerate overnight.
  7. In the morning, set the casserole on the counter until it warms up to about room temperature.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is browned.
  9. Enjoy!
You can absolutely switch this up with wheat bread, or your bread of choice. The bread gets a bit absorbed into the casserole, so it doesn't really matter. We have also used spicy sausage, so feel free to substitute!

During this crazy time, I have come to rely on Walmart grocery pickup. I'm not being paid to say this, but if you sign up using my link (which I appreciate!), I may receive a small promo. Check out Walmart + here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes and Bacon

If you've seen my post about  Peachy Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes , you already know how I feel about sheet pan recipes. These sheet pancakes pull together all the goodness of regular pancakes, plus the ease of a casserole-- no more standing at the stove flipping batter! UPDATE: These make a great breakfast sandwich -- perfect for a crowd! If you have not checked out that recipe, I recommend you check it out , as this is a significant improvement over an adaptation of the first. Since it's fall, and we have been doing all the fall things-- like a family pumpkin painting day, and trying to brave the fall festivals even though it's unexpectedly hot-- these pancakes bring a taste of fall with apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and bacon. Yum! Read on for the recipe. Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes Ingredients: 1 cup gluten free bisquick 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice, plus a little for greasing the pan 1 egg 1 cup milk 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for...

Sustainable Style: Are Rothy's All Hype or Plastic's Happily Ever After?

If you're a woman who has spent any time on social media, you've likely seen the ads for Rothy's. These sustainable flats have been seen on the feet of Silicon Valley tech professionals, celebrities, and politicians. There are Rothy's fan clubs that trade and sell "unicorn" shoes, or those discontinued but highly coveted colors and patterns, who share pictures of colorful shoe collections. But do these plastic shoes live up to the hype? It took me a while to take the plunge, and I think it's worth sharing the good, the bad, and the confusing so that you can make a decision about whether or not this shoe brand is right for you. I am just a consumer and am not being compensated in any way for this review. All opinions are just that-- opinions, and should be treated as such. Now, on to the fun part! About a year ago I tried out Rothy's new-at-the-time Chelsea boot, which is honestly less of a boot, and more of a high top slip-on sneak...