Copy code Skip to main content

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes and Bacon

If you've seen my post about Peachy Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes, you already know how I feel about sheet pan recipes. These sheet pancakes pull together all the goodness of regular pancakes, plus the ease of a casserole-- no more standing at the stove flipping batter!

UPDATE: These make a great breakfast sandwich-- perfect for a crowd!



If you have not checked out that recipe, I recommend you check it out, as this is a significant improvement over an adaptation of the first.

Since it's fall, and we have been doing all the fall things-- like a family pumpkin painting day, and trying to brave the fall festivals even though it's unexpectedly hot-- these pancakes bring a taste of fall with apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and bacon. Yum! Read on for the recipe.



Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup gluten free bisquick
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice, plus a little for greasing the pan
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for topping the batter (I recommend being very generous with the cinnamon, personally!)
  • dash of nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1 apple of your choice, peeled and chopped. I used gala because that's what I had on hand
  • A few slices of bacon, optional but recommended!
  • Maple syrup
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and grease the baking pan.
  2. Cook the bacon (I usually bake this on a baking sheet as well, following the instructions on the package).
  3. While bacon is cooking, mix ingredients 1-6 together in a large bowl.
  4. Pour into the greased pan.
  5. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the batter, and swirl gently with a butterknife to give a nice "cinnamon swirl" appearance. Sprinkle apples over the top of the batter.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 3.
  7. Slice into squares and serve!
  8. Post on instagram and tag me @cupcakesandcoffeebreaks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Sustainable Style: Are Rothy's All Hype or Plastic's Happily Ever After?

If you're a woman who has spent any time on social media, you've likely seen the ads for Rothy's. These sustainable flats have been seen on the feet of Silicon Valley tech professionals, celebrities, and politicians. There are Rothy's fan clubs that trade and sell "unicorn" shoes, or those discontinued but highly coveted colors and patterns, who share pictures of colorful shoe collections. But do these plastic shoes live up to the hype? It took me a while to take the plunge, and I think it's worth sharing the good, the bad, and the confusing so that you can make a decision about whether or not this shoe brand is right for you. I am just a consumer and am not being compensated in any way for this review. All opinions are just that-- opinions, and should be treated as such. Now, on to the fun part! About a year ago I tried out Rothy's new-at-the-time Chelsea boot, which is honestly less of a boot, and more of a high top slip-on sneak...