Copy code Skip to main content

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Grilled Pepperoni & Cheese

This is a pretty straightforward "recipe", but my husband made it and it was delicious, so I'm sharing it with you. Maybe someone has never made grilled cheese before, and will appreciate it!

When going gluten free, I was surprised to discover that it really was not very difficult, especially because the online grocery delivery service I use has nutrition filters which clearly mark which foods are "safe". Additionally, I don't eat very much bread anyway, so I was all set with quinoa noodles and gluten free flour for recipes that called for a tablespoon or two.

But then we started talking about grilled cheese sandwiches, and, as is probably the case with all dietary restrictions, I started craving something that definitely, absolutely required the forbidden bread.

Luckily, I found a "tapioca loaf" of bread, which is wheat, gluten, and dairy free. Prepared for the possibility of an unpleasant surprise, MC (Mr. Cole) used it in the grilled cheese recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Slices of bread (2 per sandwich)
  • 2 slices of cheddar per sandwich
  • Pepperoni as desired
  • Butter
Butter the slices of bread on one side (this will be the outside of the sandwich). Place the 2 slices of cheese in between the slices of bread (buttered sides out). If you are using pepperoni or other ingredients in the sandwiches, place them between the slices of cheese. Cook each sandwich on both sides in a sauce pan until the bread is golden brown, and the cheese has melted.


MC notes that the gluten free bread seemed to cook a little faster than regular bread. I didn't notice a difference between regular bread and gluten free bread we used, but he said it had a bit of the texture of angel food cake, though it was still enjoyable.

Of course, grilled cheese would not be complete without tomato soup! I don't have a recipe to share today, because we didn't make it from scratch, but I did notice that I was only able to find gluten free tomato soup sold in a carton, rather than a can.

Follow me on Pinterest for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Do Dip Powder Nails

 Staying at home means avoiding the nail salon, and as someone who always  smudges regular nail polish (seriously, how is it possible that they can still  be ready to smear by the time I go to bed?), I have a newfound appreciation for the variety of modern manicure solutions available. I previously reviewed Ohora's at-home gel strips , which are a great option for hassle-free designs. Another option that I really like, even though I am far  from a pro, is dip powder. Dip powder is essentially an acrylic powder that contains pigments or glitters. You purchase a set of liquids that can be used with the powders of your choice for a quick and clean manicure that requires very little dry time. Dip powder is easily accessible, and if you're new to dip nails in general, I'd suggest a reasonably priced option for practice. I started with the Lavender Violets brand on Amazon, which comes with a set of powders + all the liquids you need for a beginner. I did find that the l...

Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes and Bacon

If you've seen my post about  Peachy Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes , you already know how I feel about sheet pan recipes. These sheet pancakes pull together all the goodness of regular pancakes, plus the ease of a casserole-- no more standing at the stove flipping batter! UPDATE: These make a great breakfast sandwich -- perfect for a crowd! If you have not checked out that recipe, I recommend you check it out , as this is a significant improvement over an adaptation of the first. Since it's fall, and we have been doing all the fall things-- like a family pumpkin painting day, and trying to brave the fall festivals even though it's unexpectedly hot-- these pancakes bring a taste of fall with apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and bacon. Yum! Read on for the recipe. Apple Cinnamon Sheet Pancakes Ingredients: 1 cup gluten free bisquick 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice, plus a little for greasing the pan 1 egg 1 cup milk 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for...

5 Ideas for a "Stay at Home" Date Night

Goodbye to 2020, and a cautious "hello" to 2021! If you're like me, you had a pretty uneventful New Year's Eve.  That's not to say that my NYE has been particularly  exciting every year until now, but the pandemic has certainly ensured that there is zero possibility of that changing for the foreseeable future. We settled in for a night of Schitt's Creek and oddly depressing NYE broadcasts, and yours truly is the only one who made it to midnight! With the monotony of stay-at-home life, I think it's important to try and plan different things to look forward to. Valentine's Day hasn't always been a "big deal" in our household, but what I've noticed over the years is that if you treat everything as "not a big deal", you start to look back and realize... you haven't made anything a "big deal" in a while. Paired with significant USPS delays, I'm planning for next months' activities now  so that our Valentine...